Tuesday, February 23, 2010

[astrostudents] Lal Kitab (1952) transliterated by Goswami jee

 

Friends,
 
On Sunday Feb 21, 2009, Sh Jagmeet Dheendsa presented me with a copy of Lal Kitab 1952 (Part One) transliterated by Shri V M Goswami.
 
My immediate reaction is that Goswami jee has hit another flawless century and/or scored another hat-trick. 
 
A beautifully bound book - the cover resembles the original 1952 book, the same color, the same golden embossing - comes across as an extremely attractive book. Even the inside cover pages are red in color, exactly like the original Lal Kitab. 
 
Just like other Hindi transliterations of Lal Kitab by Goswami jee, the integrity of the original pages and lines has been maintained as much as possible. The font type is large enough so that it is easy on the eyes. One added bonus is the inclusion of meanings of difficult Urdu/Farsi/Punjabi words at the bottom of each page making this an extremely readable work. Despite having the original Lal Kitab for more than forty-five years, I feel  like I have got hold of a new version of Lal Kitab - that is how excited I am about this transliterated work.
 
This volume is Part I and covers upto page number 600. The second part is expected to be released within this month. That part will also contain errata from the present volume. I have seen a very few errors; these are generally errors of vowels or slight mis-spellings (in some cases, computer induced); I haven't come across any serious errors in my two hours of skimming through the book. 
 
I highly recommend this volume for each serious student of Lal Kitab. I may also add that I have no commercial interest in this venture; it is the appreciation of honest hard work that Goswami jee and his dedicated team has put together; that is why I am writing this Email out of my free will and without any coaxing. It is very easy to find faults but let us take some time to encourage and thank Goswami jee for doing a yeoman's job (particularly for the one's like me who have always struggled with Urdu script.) Thanks Goswami jee for making Lal Kitab more approachable. God bless.
 
Respectfully,
 
Rajinder Bhatia

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there 1942 book avaialabke in hindi

Unknown said...

If yes pls share the link